Sunday, January 24, 2010

FRENCH TOAST!



French toast was my favorite breakfast growing up. This morning I did a crazydiet version of it for the first time.

Ingredients:

Sprouted sourdough bread (or Ezekiel Bread)
a couple of eggs
non dairy milk- maybe 3/4 cup? (I used rice milk but soy or almond would work fine.)
a lot of cinnamon!

Soak the bread in your whisked frenchy mixture, and then fry those suckers on a griddle using coconut oil! Yeah, yeah, it's better with butter. I know.
Drizzle some agave nectar on top. Soo good and so easy.

A note on non-dairy milks. If you are truly doing a no-sugar diet, I've only found the WestSoy brand of soy milk to contain 0 grams of sugar. The original unsweetened Almond Breeze milk also has 0 grams! Rice milk does have sugar in it.

Yay it's an easy recipe, one you don't have to own a bag of arrowroot or xanthum gum for! Easy breakfast fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment